From the Heart Creek parking lot south of Lac Des Arcs, follow the Heart Creek trail to a signed fork. Simply follow the west ridge all the way to the top of the first summit.
I attempted this climb by accident. A couple of my friends and I planned to climb up Pilot Mtn. but lost track of them on my way to Banff.
I had no map or knowledge about this mountain so I just kept venturing onto false summits until the rain forced me to stop.
(1) I went back with Ian and not only that we summited Heart Mountian, we also did a full traverse - including an ascent to the Twin Towers.
(2) The Twin Towers (two left summits) can be easily approached from the true summit of Heart Mountain.
(3) The only crux to this climb is an approx 5m drop about half way to the first tower.
(1) This is Ian approaching the first tower. Watch closely cause you'll see him run towards the granite.
(2) The view of Barrier lake is way better here than from the Heart Mountain. It is also a good chance to review the way up to Mt. Baldy
(3) We couldn't stay long at the second tower because of the freaking bugs. We managed however to sign the registry.
On our descent, we continued going to the east of the second tower and took the rubbly slope down to the valley, then we hiked back up to the grassy slope of the southeast side of the Heart to finish the loop.
We spent about a couple of hours bushwacking through our chosen route to get back from the towers to the Heart Mountain.