When I learned that my group's scramble was not gonna happen, I immediately focused on details on the RMB webboard for the RMB Peakbaggers' planned traverse.
I arrived early morning in Waterton hoping that the plan was still to meet at Cameron Lake. I was very excited but also very nervous, because nobody knew that I was coming. I thought maybe they stopped sending messages on the webboard and continued their communication via email. I was afraid I might have missed a change of plan. Soon, I was greeted by Linda Breton and more and more people started ariving. I was relieved that the plan was still on.
I introduced myself, and they were nice enough to include me as part of their team on this trip despite my unexpected arrival.
Here's the itinerary for this trip:
Mt. Alderson -> Buchanan Peak
-> Buchanan Ridge
-> Mt. Carthew
Our overall car to car time was 11.75hrs.
(1) We reached Summit Lake at about an hour after leaving the parking lot.
(2) The Carthew-Alderson Trail is very gradual. It's a nice hike and it has a nice view of the lakes and distant summits.
(3) Closing-in on Carthew Summit Pass.
(1) We all met at the pass to discuss the route to Mt. Alderson, and the possible alternate descent route for bagging Buchanan Peak.
Mt. Carthew and its normal ascent route are behind.
(2) Mt. Carthew Lakes.
(3) The three amigos heading towards Mt. Alderson's summit ridge.
(1) Sonny and James have already summited Mt. Alderson so they've decided to wait at this spot. Vern here is showing James where we would eventually meet.
(2) 3.5hrs to the summit.
(3) Here's Vern and Kelly leading the descent. Frank and Bob decided not to join us in bagging Buchanan Peak
, our next objective, so they stayed at the summit to enjoy more view of the beautiful Waterton Area.