(1) The trail is signed throughout and its very long. After finishing the switchbacks to about 1:45hrs, I reached the fork for the First and Main summits. This is also the first opportunity to view the Dragon's Back and the Main summit.
(2) This is the Central Gully. Although it looks possible to shoot straight up, Alan Kane
says THIS IS WRONG! The trail crosses the gully and is clearly marked.
(3) The Dragon's Back is in the middle of two gullies. This is the right-hand gully looking up the Main summit. Snow at the scree slope was surprisingly light after driving through a bunch of snow-capped summits in Canmore.
(1) 5:00hrs all in all, the reward comes to life. Mts. Assiniboine and Temple weren't visible at this time, only the nearby summits like Cascade Mtn.
(2) The cairn was knocked down and the register was also nowhere to be found... maybe it got buried in the snow, or fell off here. It wasn't too cold nor windy but there was no blue sky. After staying for about half an hour, I returned the same way for 2:30hrs.