(1) Here's the long and boring approach to Pigeon Mountain. It's about 4.5km of nothing but powerline.
(2) This trip was already in cold winter weather. After breaking the treeline, the wind made the chill worse and very intolerable. We had to stop, just stared at the summit and promised ourselves to be back another day.
(3) We had fun sliding on the snow on our way back to the powerline trail.
(1) About a month later, I went back to the same boring approach. Not with my wife but with Ian. It was sunny(at first) and not too windy and cold.
(2) We reached the summit in 3:30hrs including lunch. It wasn't a very good day for lookouts but the visibility was good enough.
(3) Looking back down the saddle from the summit. We took advantage of the snow/ice and glissaded directly down (right of photo) and cut through the forest back to the powerline.