(1) The ascent to Jaunbong from the col is not easy but ropes are in place to assist hikers. It took me 45mins to summit Jaunbong Peak from Chukso Peak.
(2) This is Lee. I met him at the top and we descended the mountain together via Dobongsan Station Route. Him and his colleague invited me for dinner and drinks afterwards. Koreans are really nice people.
(1) Here's the Jaunbong Twin Peaks col. Podae Ridge is to the left and the route to or from Dobongsan Station is on the right.
(2) We took the trail to Dobongsan Station for our descend.
(3) About halfway down, we met with a bunch of hikers drinking makeli on this lookout. It seems to me that city men drink soju, mountain men drink makeli.
Our total descent time down to Dobongsan trailhead was 1:30hrs. It would probably take 2hrs to ascend the summit from Dobongsan. The trail here is relatively easy and would be more appropriate to inexperienced hikers, rather than using the Podae Ridge route.